Tuesday 22 October 2013

Preliminary Task Front Cover and Contents

For my preliminary task, I designed a student magazine front cover and contents page based on the previous research which I had conducted. I tried to follow the design of my flat plans as much as I could, however changed minor details where I felt necessary. I created these preliminary tasks in Microsoft Publisher.
 
 
The contents page follows the basic design of a magazine cover. The masthead is located at the top of the page and goes well with the consistent red/white colour scheme I chose. The lighting is also not great on the main image and it does contrast with the rest of the colours being used. The red/white colour scheme is attention grabbing as I intended. The sell lines offer minor details about the article contents, however do not offer enough to attract the reader and grab their attention.

For the contents page, I opted for the same colour scheme of red font and white background. In my own opinion, this colour scheme is very plain and cheap, despite it's consistency. The layout does not work well as it isn't make best use of the space of the page. The actual contents of the magazine is very breif and looks more like a badly designed leaflet than a magazine. The sub-headings give very vague ideas about the articles, however more specific sub-text may be required underneath each sub-heading. I am however pleased with images on this page as the lighting as bright and vibrant.

1 comment:

  1. Daniel, you have successfully completed the preliminary task and have identified strengths and areas for improvement.

    ReplyDelete