Thursday 6 February 2014

Photoshoot Planning


What emotional impact do you want your photography do have upon the reader and how will you achieve this?

 

I want my photography to attract an audience with the same musical taste as the magazine covers in its contents. I will be drawing influence from the front cover of U2’s album The Joshua Tree for my photoshoot which will be evident through my use of black and white and the seriousness of the models in the shoot. By doing this style of front cover I will connote the dark and serious tone of my magazine without the magazine appearing too pretentious.

 

What personnel do you need? Who are you going to photograph?

 

I will have one person assist me in taking the photos by setting up equipment and help carry any equipment such as; tripods.

 

What props will you need?

 

I will provide a guitar for the models as a prop. The guitar will be the only prop I need as the models will be providing their own clothing/costumes for the shoot.

 

How are you going to emphasise colour?

 

I will emphasise the colour by using a black and white effect with the camera. I will also do all necessary editing in photoshop in the post-production stage of the photo shoot.

 

Have you briefed your personnel/models?

 

I have briefed my models on the location, the theme I am trying to obtain and the general concept I want to compose with the photographs.

 

What lighting will you need? Any other equipment?

 

I may use some kind of light for the photo shoot because of the photoshoot taking place in the evening. This will be the only other equipment I will need to use.

 

Where will you shoot? Will you need a backdrop?

 

I will be conducting my photo shoot at South Shields beach in the mid evening.

 

Mise-en-scene - Make-up? Costumes? Props?

 

I plan to instruct the models to be dressed in black or neutral colours to coincide with the dark and serious tone I am aiming for with the overall magazine. I want to make the models appear serious in a natural background in a similar sort of style of U2’s Joshua Tree album cover. In the main article it will mention that U2 is one of the band’s major influences are U2 so I believe the audience will respond positively to the models clearly mirroring the famous album cover which was photographed by the celebrated photographer Anton Corbijn.

No comments:

Post a Comment