Thursday 6 February 2014

Location Recce



1.    Are there any potential hazards that could pose a health and safety risk where your photo shoot will take place (trailing cables/traffic/other objects )?

At my photo shoot the only potential risk would be the unpredictability of the weather. Since it is February there may be adverse weather conditions of heavy rain or snow which could damage equipment. We will have to be sure to not go to close to where the waves break as to not get anybody wet or any equipment damaged.

2.    What will you do to ensure these risks are minimised?

We will check the weather forecast before going out and have to reschedule if the weather is forecast to be adverse out on our location. I will also be sure to stay relatively close to some kind of cover if it does begin to rain/snow.

3.    Will the time of day/weather affect the outcome of the photos? Have you allowed for this?

I plan to do my photo shoot at night to enhance the effect of my photos. The weather may have a negative effect on my photos if it begins to rain or snow.

4.    Have you considered the background to your photos, particularly if taken outside? How will you ensure you will get the background you want?

I will be sure to pick a suitable location on the beach to conduct my photo shoot. I plan to have the sea in the background of my photos and I hope that there will be a reflection on the water.

5.    Have you considered lighting? What about the ‘problems’ of natural lighting, either outside, or streaming through a window? Will you need to use a flash? Have you considered reflective objects that might spoil the effect?

I plan to use a flash for my photos to give a dramatic effect to my photos and to ensure you can actually see the people in the photo. I will be sure to stay away from any reflective materials and attempt a trial and error method in the different angles I use.

6.    Do you need permission to take photos in the place/venue you have in mind?

I do not have to gain permission from anyone for my photo shoot.

7.    Do you need to book time in a room (eg the photography studio)?

I do not need to book a room for my photo shoot as I will be taking them outdoors in a public space.

8.    Are other people/crowds likely to be an issue for you? What have you done to ensure that it will not spoil the effect?

Since I will be conducting my photo shoot on a February evening at the beach I do not anticipate any crowds or many people to be around that will spoil the effect.

9.    Are you reliant on lifts/props/friends’ equipment/models? How have you planned that these things will come together at the appointed time? Plan B?

I plan to use equipment owned by Gateshead College and I am reliant on a few friends to help me with this photo shoot. If I can’t get all the necessary equipment from Gateshead College I will ask friends or family if they have any photography equipment I can borrow.

10. Finally, have you thought of every eventuality?

I will not have to rely on others for props as I can supply them myself. I should manage to get all the equipment I need from Gateshead College or if not, family members or friends. The only problem I may face is the weather due to the time of year, however I will be sure to check the weather forecast before going out to shoot to avoid any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment