Thursday 5 December 2013

Coursework Stage 2 Planning


Idea Brief:
My idea for my magazine is that it will be one of the key sources for new music releases, music business news and interviews with upcoming artists as well as the big name. For example it will have critical and credible reviews on new music, live performance reviews of artists in the pop/rock genre relevant to our target audience, reports on the making of upcoming albums from the biggest bands/artists in the business and commentary articles on the music culture.
Genre/ sub-genre:
I aim my magazine at rock/pop/indie fans of the age of 18 and older who may be musicians as well as just casual music fans. In the similar way of which NME and Q magazine target their audience but with more emphasis on the production and live element of music.
Major conventions:
I will use all the common conventions that are standard with magazines. This will allow the magazine to not stand out too much when compared to similar magazines as to not alienate my target audience. I will include coverlines, mastheads, subheads, essential information and main images.
Conventions:
Whilst keeping the traditional conventions as I mentioned previously I will use them in a way that my magazine’s style will be unique and will somewhat stand out from competitors.
Original images:
I plan to use high quality images relevant to my articles and headings including exclusive photo-shoots with a local band.  I also plan to get photos of a band in concert.
Potential difficulties:
The potential threat is that some of the bands within the local concert will not allow us to take their pictures. Plan B, would to be take a few shots for something such as an album release or finding a different band/artist to take pictures of.

1 comment:

  1. Daniel, this is a good overview of your plan for your music magazine, you have given due thought to your target audience, genre and ideas for the images you plan to include in your product, as well as highlighting potential difficulties.

    ReplyDelete